Flex Foam Backing Plates utilize a flexible foam interface that conforms and adapts to curved surfaces with ease delivering consistent results time after time. Evolve-Hyper Flex Blacking Plates are very durable and designed with professionals in mind utilizing a dense shell with incased light-weight aluminum 5/8" thread.
When polishing with a machine it's always wise to leave a margin between edge of pad and edge of backing plate. When polishing near curves, up to an edge, or near perpendicular surface you must NEVER allow a spinning backing plate to come in contact with the surface. Thats why we always recommend using a pad slightly larger than the backing plate.
This 2 7/8" diameter backing plate is designed for use with 3" buffing pads and can be used with up to 4" diameter pads.
- Durable ultra dense shell
- Flex Foam interface contorts to curved and flat surfaces alike
- Lightweight Aluminum thread interface
- Fits any polisher with a 5/8" thread
- Designed for 3"-4" Pads
- Fits Flex, Makita, Metabo, Dewalt, Hitachi, and all others with 5/8" thread
- Diameter: 2 7/8"
- Plate Thickness: 7/8"
- Thread: Female 5/8"
- Color: White
- Velcro Color: Black